Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Haverford Township Junior High School


Music Night 1969. Doesn't it seem like everything awesome was happening in '69? Well, this is another prime example. Granted, I have a soft spot for music that is not attempting to be commercial, or, at least in this case, is a failed attempt at commercialization. I mean, I don't even know how many of these records are left in the world, let alone floating through retail stores. But the LP, translated from a furnished tape of the Haverford Township (Pennsylvania) Junior High School Band and Orchestra Music Night in 1969, is not only decent music (Bach, VanAuken, Gass, Panerio, etc...) but a piece of cultural history. Just as I enjoy listening to jungle tribes sing while they work, I can appreciate kids forced into music class at age 12 attempting to recreate some of the greatest compositions in history. And thus, I share it with the world.

Final Judgement: "Good with Scrabble."

No comments: